Since May 1, 2019 ERVET has become ART-ER Attractiveness Research Territory, the Emilia-Romagna Joint Stock Consortium that was born from the merger with ASTER, to foster the region’s sustainable growth by developing innovation and knowledge, attractiveness and internationalisation of the region.
The Sustainable Regional Development Division – ex ERVET focuses on the support of regional programming and planning, cooperation, and promotion of collaboration with economic and social players in order to promote the sustainable development of the Emilia-Romagna region.
The Division operates on many levels. First of all, it develops activities and projects for regional development and the promotion of investments in the region, including foreign ones, with particular focus on raising funds and assisting investors.
It also builds facilities and infrastructure for the economic development of the region, fosters the partnership of public corporations, the promotion of quality and training in the management of tender procedures of the Emilia-Romagna region and local administrations, and monitors safety and legality issues. In addition, the Division carries out studies and research on the production sectors, and on institutional, environmental, local, economic and social structures and processes; it provides technical and scientific support to the identification, implementation and monitoring of regional policies for a sustainable management of the area and of the green economy; it is also the main point of reference for regional sectors as concerns international policies and local cooperation.
Lastly, the Division supports the Region in processing structural funds and operating local development programmes set up by regional, national or European Union initiatives and performs the role of Regional Accreditation Body for the energy certification of buildings.
ERVET is the “in house” Joint Stock Company of the Emilia-Romagna Region which operates as a territorial development agency.
Ervet, with the Region as its main shareholder, works within the framework of the regional planning in cooperation with the administrative levels. Ervet carries out activities aimed to promote the regional sustainable development in coordination with the economic and social actors. Ervet’s objective is to enhance the cooperation with the economic and social forces, in support of the Emilia-Romagna Region in the implementation of coordinated activities aimed to promote sustainable development and of the Region
Ervet mainly operates, in the following areas of activities:
- Implementation of programs of territorial development arising from regional, national or European Union sources; provide technical assistance to the regional administration and local authorities; promote and coordinate initiatives for territorial development
- Management of the activities of the Region at the premises of the European Union, national or international bodies, in cooperation with other European regions
- Technical assistance to programs or projects of EU and national funds to support the cohesion policy, development cooperation and other programs for innovation and competitiveness
- Development of actions for the promotion of foreign investments in the region, with particular reference to research of funding, support to investors, technical support for the conclusion of regional agreements in favor of the productive settlement
- The promotion of the partnership of public and private entities, as well as methods for the adoption of joint or coordinated project finance; the adoption and implementation of assessment projects and public works even with the adoption of project financing
- The promotion of quality in the management of procurement procedures of the Emilia-Romagna and local governments; training and professional development from legal, technical and economic operators involved in public procurement and territorial management;
- Technical assistance aimed to support the planning activities of the Region, with the realization of research studies regarding the institutional, territorial, social and economic processes; technical and scientific support to the identification, implementation and monitoring of regional policies; support, even through information systems, to the management of observatories established by the region and by the bodies of the regional system. “
ERVET provides support in policies and activities for local development. It also provides advice in the promotion of inter-institutional coordination, assessing the impact of policies. The results of this activity are the planning documents to support new laws and guidelines for the implementation of activities.
Thanks to its wealth of expertise, ERVET supports the management of local development programs and runs projects on behalf of the Region of Emilia-Romagna. Amongst these activities are the support to the management of the European Structural Funds, particularly of the Regional Unitarian Policy. The results in this area are linked to the correct implementation of programs and relate to operational management, monitoring and evaluation.
ERVET develops and disseminates knowledge and methods for the interpretations of the territory and elaborates policies in support of local development. It provides innovative tools for understanding the territory and developing integrated activities. The results obtained in this area are the preparation of documents and analysis and the dissemination of information and knowledge.